Well, another year has passed and the the Winneconne Sovereign State Days is just around the corner, that means another Parade of Thunder Poker Run. Myself, along with Jeff, Pat and Eric, will be taking charge of the ride again. We are hoping to make our group of bikes larger and encourage you to invite a friend. This year will be the 50th Anniversary of the Sovereign State Days, a big celebration is in the works. To make a more efficient experience for all involved, we added a few updates to ensure our ride is safe and smooth.
The ride is Saturday, July 22, 2017 starting promptly at 10:30 sharp and the details are:
- There will be pre-registration available at Wentzel Ford in Winneconne starting July 1st. (Pre-Registration includes a FREE ticket to the Friday night street dance featuring Vic Ferrari)
- Day of event: regular registration starts the day of the ride at 9:00 am at the Grade School on South 3rd Ave. We again will be taking pictures and posting them on our Facebook page (Annual Parade of Thunder). While we wait for the start of the parade there will be donuts and refreshments available thanks to Wayne’s Piggly Wiggly Winneconne. Restrooms are available at Kaude Hall.
- This years ride will be $30 for Driver & $15 for passenger. (Includes a free Lunch at the Nauti Turtle/Pier 5) They will be opening up the newly remodeled upstairs for our group and bringing in a staff to wait on us.
- The first 100 people to pre-register (drivers & passengers) will receive a FREE Parade of Thunder T-Shirt. (Sizes may be limited so note your size when pre-registering) T-shirts will be given out the morning of the ride when you check in.
- At the end of the ride, door prizes will be handed out for all those who rode in the parade We will be working hard to try to have enough door prizes so everyone gets one (rider and driver). This will be at the Mason’s tent as in the past at Marble Park.
- As always, we will have a truck with trailer following in case of a breakdown or emergency.
Our Route: After finishing the parade, we will make a quick stop at Jackie’s Parkside Restaurant. (beverage & bathroom available) Then off for a nice ride in the countryside west of Winneconne. Our first stop will be for lunch at the Nauti Turtle/ Pier 5 in Fremont (Lunch sponsored by PS Industries, beverages are at your own expense) Then we will head north up to Damn Yankees Watering Hole in Hortonville (a great stop). Then back to Winneconne to Marble Park were we will meet at the Mason’s tent at Marble Park for door prizes. (refreshments available). Ride is just over 90 miles.
The new President of the Sovereign State Committee, Jorden Dunham, wants to thank everyone for the support this year and in years past. The Parade of Thunder is the largest supporter of the Sovereign State Event with 100% of the money it raised from the registration fees being donated to this hard working group. With your participation, we have donated over $20,000.00 to the committee over the years of the Parade of Thunder.
Again, thank you for riding and helping make the event fun and special in the past. And don’t forget to get your friends to sign up and join us to try to make this year’s ride even better and a larger group to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Sovereign State Weekend. If you have any questions feel free to call me on my cell listed below.
Please thank the Sponsors of the event:
Appleton Harley Davidson, Appleton
Wayne’s Piggly Wiggly, Winneconne
Lazer Car Washes, Winneconne, Fremont, Redgranite
Evil Roy Slades Bar, Oshkosh
Hill Tavern, Town of Poygan
PS Industries, Omro
Wentzel Ford, Winneconne
Parade of Thunder “A-Team” Committee:
Ron “Hannibal” Rozek
Jeff “Faceman” Wicinsky
Pat “Howling Mad” Murphy
Eric “B.A. Baracus” Baier
Pre-register to get FREE T shirt! First 100 to register.